The slap heard around the world. Obviously this was a high conflict situation, but was it a one-off incident resulting from a highly stressed person, aka Will Smith? Or two highly stressed people, Smi th and comedian Chris Rock? Or did either of them show signs of a potential high conflict personality?
In this episode, Bill and Megan break it down.
- What could have been happening just before Will walked on stage?
- What impact did Chris Rock’s responses have on Will and on the situation?
- Were both of them exhibiting high conflict behaviors? Is there a history on either side showing a high conflict pattern?
- Did Chris use what ultimately was an EAR Statement?
- Were the consequences effectuated by the Academy effective?
- If not, what should happen to effect actual change in high conflict behavior?
This is a behind-the scenes exploration into what could have been happening with Will Smith in this situation. We don’t diagnose. We don’t blame and shame. We just explore and focus on what to do next.
Links & Other Notes
Can High Conflict People Change?
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.