One of the cornerstones of successful management of high conflict interactions is connection. In fact, it is the “C” in the CARS Method®—a set of principles for managing high conflict disputes and interactions.
In today’s episode, Megan and Bill talk about this exceedingly important principle of connection, including:
- why connection is foundational to successful interactions with high conflict people
- the brain’s request for connection
- why it is so difficult to remember to connect before problem-solving
- the impact of connecting—using EAR Statements
- whether connection and EAR Statements can be over-used
- Calming Upset People with EAR
- Calming Upset People Fast with EAR
- Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
- Submit a Question for Bill and Megan
- All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.