One of the hardest decisions when divorcing a high-conflict spouse is how and when to tell that person that you want a divorce. How will the person react? Will I be in danger? Will my life become a worse hell?
In this episode, Megan and Bill discuss this extremely relevant and important topic, starting with a question from a listener. They will discuss:
- What should you do if your partner doesn’t know yet that you want a divorce?
- How should you tell that person?
- How should you prepare?
- What should you say? Where should you say it?
- Should you have someone with me?
- Is it okay to stay at home after delivering the news?
- What to be aware of going forward.
- Should the kids be told in advance? Or when do I tell them?
- Should the kid’s school be notified?
Links & Other Notes
- Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- AUDIO SERIES
- High Conflict Separation & Divorce Basics: 13-part Series
- ON DEMAND COURSES & COACHING
- New Ways for Families Online Class and Coaching
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.