High conflict divorce and separation in the family courts consumes the majority of the courts’ time and resources and provides the most frustration and confusion.
This is the second of a two-part episode with Dr. Amy J.L. Baker in our new High Conflict Divorce series, in which we interview leading experts from the high conflict divorce world – attorneys, counselors, custody evaluators, researchers, mediators and those within the courts themselves.
In this episode Dr. Amy J.L. Baker, parental alienation expert and author of 9 books, including Co-parenting with a Toxic Ex; The High-Conflict Custody Battle; and Adult Children of Parental Alienation Syndrome will talk with Bill and Megan about:
- Whether favored parents ever recognize that they’re doing it
- Parental alienation vs. parental estrangement
- Recommendations for lawyers when a child resists or refuses contact
- Tips for what can be done in mild, moderate, severe cases
- Tips for lawyers and therapists
- Tips for parents and grandparents
- Programs that can help reconnect a child with a rejected parent
Links & Other Notes
Dr. Baker’s Website
New Ways for Families
Turning Points for Families
Co-Parenting with a Toxic Ex
Adult Children of Parental Alienation Syndrome
The High-Conflict Custody Battle
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
Books: all of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold.
You can also find these show notes at our site.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.