The legal case between Amber Heard and Johnny Depp has been heard around the world. It’s a case rife with allegations of domestic violence on both sides, which will be challenging for the jury to make a decision.
In this episode Bill and Megan discuss the case and why it is important to focus on the big picture rather than being persuaded by a single picture or an isolated story. They will discuss:
- What kind of case is it – family law or defamation?
- Who will decide – a judge or a jury?
- The four different types of domestic violence
- Whether the jurors can keep an open mind or not
- Can jurors avoid confirmation bias, assuming it’s always true, always false or always both?
- Why do juries and judges need 3 theories of any case of allegations of abuse?
Links & Other Notes
- Conversations About Domestic Violence in Family Law with 16 Experts: A 6-Part video series on Domestic Violence (DV) / Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) best practices in the family law environment in the United States and Canada
- Dating Denial
- Are Your Personality Awareness Skills Up to Date?
- Does Your Relationship Include Coercive Control?
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.