Did you know if brainwashing of a child is real in divorce and/or co-parenting? In parental alienation (child alienation), families are divided but is brainwashing behind it? A part of it? Or not at all?
In today’s episode, Megan interviews Bill about his latest findings on this topic, which is one of the most challenging and painful life experiences that families go through. They will discuss:
- quick explanation of what parental alienation is
- why use the strong term of brainwashing
- the role of neurons in a child’s brain
- why parental alienation seems to take hold primarily between the ages of 9 and 14, or does it?
- why alienated children have such strange or frivolous reasons why they resist or refuse contact with one of their parents
- why the child’s rejection or hatred of one parent is so pure and extreme, and not at all ambivalent
- an example of a 15-year-old girl who wrote a letter to her divorced father intending to end all contact with him
- what happened in that case
- what can be learned from it
- what should have happened
Links & Other Notes
- WEBINAR: How Brainwashing Works on a Child’s Brain
- BOOK: Don’t Alienate the Kids
- BOOK: Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- ARTICLE: Does Ridicule Stop Alienation?
- ARTICLE: Child Alienation: “1000 Little Bricks”
- ARTICLE: Handling Alienation in New Ways for Families®
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.