In this episode, Bill and Megan continue answering listener questions:
- “I am a family mediator. My practice focuses on keeping people out of court and helping them navigate their divorce in mediation. In my experience, high conflict personalities do NOT do well in this kind of mediation. It’s as if they “need” the authority of a lawyer or even a judge to bring their expectations and demands into the realm of reality. They often “shoot themselves in the foot” as well.”
- “I’m curious if you are familiar with Nonviolent Communication. Listening to the BIFF responses podcast, which I love, I’m curious if you consider the emotional side of things when working with companies. I have found that empathy can mitigate emotional triggers so people CAN deliver BIFF responses. Until and unless people get empathy, they may not be able to BIFF it!”
- “Do you often see High Conflict with Antisocial Personality Disorder in multiple generations? After listening to your podcast about ASD with HCD, I think my father had ASD, and my younger sibling has both. My father passed away after creating much chaos during his life, including disowning me. My sibling is very much alive, and creating a lot of chaos and problems?”
Links & Other Notes
- Mediating High Conflict Disputes
- New Ways for Mediation (general mediation) training
- How to Spot a Sociopath in 3 Steps
- Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
- Submit a Question for Bill and Megan
- All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.