The challenge of being emotional creatures
Did you know that emotions are contagious? We like to think we are in complete control of our emotions, but lots of research shows that emotions are contagious and it’s how we handle our own emotions once we’re emotionally hooked.
In this episode we’ll break down emotion contagion. If you’re a brain nerd like us, or you simply want to have a better understanding of human behavior and the impact of unmanaged emotions on others, you’ll enjoy this episode. Specifically, we’ll discuss:
- Can you get emotionally “hooked?” and “unhooked?”
- How exactly are emotions contagious? How does that work in our brains?
- Can emotions lead us to make bad decisions?
- How do High Conflict People deal with emotions?
- How do High Conflict People communicate differently using their emotions?
- Are emotions part of why we have such angry polarization today in families and in politics?
- What can we do to calm down emotions
Links & Other Notes
ON DEMAND COURSE
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
You can also find these show notes at our site as well.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.