If you aren’t sure whether you’ve met a narcissist, think back to an interaction in which you went away feeling small, inadequate or even insecure. It’s possible that you may have been around someone with a narcissistic personality. They are often puffed up about themselves and get triggered when they aren’t getting the attention they think they deserve… or are entitled to. Then they go into action, making those around them feel small.
But did you know they are also the Great Dividers? Although it may sound straightforward, it’s often confusing to those around them because they can be the life of the party, bringing people together, which is quite opposite from being a divider.
In this episode, Bill and Megan discuss:
- why narcissistic HCPs divide people
- how it manifests in 4 settings: family, politics, healthcare, and the workplace
- why we don’t see it coming and why we fall for their charm in the beginning
- ways to address and prevent succumbing to division
- how to handle email communications with narcissistic HCPs
Links & Other Notes
- It’s All Your Fault at Work: Managing Narcissists and Other High-Conflict People
- High Conflict People in Legal Disputes
- 5 Types of People Who Can Ruin Your Life
- Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Is Personality Awareness the Next Big Thing?
- Narcissistic High Conflict People
- Narcissist in Your Family? 4 Tips for Dealing with Them
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.